Engine operates two spaces in our current location at 128 Main Street, the Gallery @ Engine and Project Space.
GALLERY @ ENGINE
The Gallery @ Engine is located within our facility and sandwiched between Store @ Engine and our Studios @ Engine and the Maine FabLab/makerspace. Wall height is 9 feet and 75 linear feet of wall space.
PROJECT SPACE @ ENGINE
Project Space @ Engine is a storefront display case dedicated to visual art installations.
ENGINE VISUAL ART SUBMISSIONS:
Engine strives to support artists by curating the shows of high artistic merit of a contemporary nature.
We annually accommodate students and the community with the annual open-call Rumpus show, which is open to all. If we cannot accommodate your work, we are happy to connect you with other spaces that may have availability.
TIMEFRAME: ENGINE stages both curated and proposed exhibitions. Our curatorial committee reviews proposals on an as-needed basis and strives to respond to each in a timely matter.
CURATORIAL FOCUS: Before submitting your exhibition ideas, please take a moment to think about how ENGINE’S curatorial focus relates to your work. ENGINE strives to bring a broad and contemporized interpretation of visual arts and design to our gallery spaces. ENGINE:
- Is not a commercial gallery;
- Seeks work that is contemporary, thought-provoking, conceptual;
- Seeks work of artistic excellence;
- Is interested in the history of Biddeford as a center for textiles and manufacturing;
- Seeks to present exhibitions that add to our community, especially those that might not otherwise have an outlet in Maine;
- Appreciates submissions that consider our specific gallery and programming space.
HOW TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL:
- Email proposals for ease of distribution;
- Send up to 10 .jpg images of your work;
- Include a one-page (maximum) proposal;
- Include an exhibition list and/or your CV;
- Please review our Guidelines and Responsibilities.
Submitting a proposal does not ensure that a show or installation will be hosted at Engine.